Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
We are your allies in optimal healing. Your goals are our goals. Together, with our FITTER FASTER STRONGER® program, we can help you bounce back better than you were before your injury.
Rehab & fitness at The Stone Clinic emphasizes total body treatment. Our highly-trained and experienced StoneFit™ team works closely with Stone Clinic physicians to design the perfect rehabilitation program for each patient.
Whether you wish to play pain-free with the kids or repeat an Olympic gold medal performance, we strive to get you to a higher level of fitness and health than before your injury. Our team of highly-trained trainers can alleviate your pain with personalized 1:1 rehab sessions. Contact us at (415) 563-3110 for an appointment or book an appointment online here.
We can help you with:
- Sports injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Hip/knee pain
- Ankle/foot pain
- Patellofemoral (kneecap) pain
- Impingement syndromes
- Rotator cuff conditions
- Wrist/hand/elbow conditions
- Gait and balance
- Breast cancer orthopaedic rehab
Important note: Athletes and patients may seek physical therapy or fitness services from our clinic without a referral from a physician, surgeon, or podiatrist.
How does physical therapy help?
Physical therapy is an essential part of joint treatment. Following a great physical therapy program makes a huge difference to how people heal. In some cases, physical therapy can help you avoid surgery altogether. We seek to reduce pain using non-operative physical therapy in the first instance. We use surgical correction only when required. Important note: Athletes and patients may seek physical therapy or fitness services without a referral from a physician, surgeon, or podiatrist.
You are a unique, whole person with your own individual goals; you need a PT program designed just for you. We combine expert evaluation, hands-on care, and cutting-edge technology to speed your recovery and deliver it with kindness. We push you to achieve your goals safely and teach you what you need to know about body mechanics and the source of your injury to prevent it from happening again.
- Full biomechanical and functional evaluations & medical and orthopedic history.
- Preoperative and postoperative physical therapy programs, including an orthopedic approach to breast cancer
- Use of modalities that include ultrasound, electrical stimulation, biofeedback, and cryotherapy
- Longer treatment times with individual focus
- Highly-personalized programs with take-home materials including photos and descriptions
- Follow-up support via phone and email
- Hands-on, one-on-one manual therapy
- Latest myofascial and neuromuscular techniques
- Extensive patient education
- Training camps for sport and injury prevention
- Custom orthotics
- Specialized rehab protocols for biologic procedures using donor tissue
- Specialized rehab protocols for robotic-assisted surgery
StoneFit Rehab Patient Stories
Injuries and degenerative conditions can conspire to rob you of your athletic activities. Hear from patients who've partnered with our StoneFit™ team to rebuild their fitness and recapture their lifestyle.
Access our StoneFit Virtual Group Fitness Classes Library
At the beginning of the pandemic shutdown in 2020, the fitness & rehab team began hosting complimentary StoneFit™ group fitness classes virtually via Zoom video conference twice a week. Completely free and open to all, these classes were specifically designed to support our patients around the world in maintaining their fitness levels safely from home during COVID-19 stay-at-home restrictions. One full year and 90+ complimentary classes later, we were able to serve a global community of hundreds of athletes in our mission to keep them active for their entire lives.
The Stone Clinic rehabilitation protocols have been carefully developed by our physical therapy team and physicians. These protocols focus on the specific approach to rehabilitate patients who have had biologic procedures (using donor tissue to rebuild a joint) and robotic-assisted surgery.