About The Stone Clinic
The very best in orthopaedic care
The Stone Clinic is dedicated to optimal outcomes for all our patients.
Our approach to orthopaedic surgery & rehabilitation focuses on returning high-performance athletes to full activities.
If you’re experiencing knee pain, have a shoulder injury, or you’re wondering if you’ve injured an ankle, our Online Injury Self-Diagnosis Symptom Checker is a good place to start.
Our unique regenerative approach to healing and repairing joints can relieve your pain and get you back to the activities you love. Whether you’re a professional athlete or an enthusiastic amateur, we accept no compromise in function due to age or injury.
We can get you on the path to healing with an in-clinic appointment or with a complimentary phone consultuation for patients not in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Meet Dr. Stone
Pioneering surgeon and inventor Dr. Kevin Stone leads the clinical and research practices and teaches biologic and robotic techniques to doctors from around the world.
Stone Research Foundation
We partner to ask and answer big questions around healing people’s bones, joints, ligaments and muscles. Learn more about how the Stone Research Foundation is continually optimizing and improving care.
The Stone Clinic Blog
Dr. Stone and the staff are prolific writers. His weekly column in the San Francisco Examiner and blogs are designed to be a gift to patients, addressing topics in performance optimization, joint function, healing, and rehabilitation.
Membership Organizations & Affiliations
Dr. Kevin R. Stone or members of The Stone Clinic staff are members of the following professional medical and clinical research organizations.
- AAOS - American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- ABOS - American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- ACLSG – The Anterior Cruciate Ligament Study Group
- ACSM - American College of Sports Medicine
- CMA – California Medical Association
- COA – California Orthopaedic Association
- ESSKA - European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- ICRS – International Cartilage Regeneration & Joint Preservation Society
- ISAKOS - The International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- MTSG – Meniscus Transplant Study Group
- ORS - Orthopaedic Research Society
- SFMMS – San Francisco Marin Medical Society
- SICOT – Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie (International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology)
- WOA – Western Orthopaedic Association