Ten Wishes for the New Year
2020 in the rearview mirror—where it should be. What do we wish for, and what are YOU going to help make happen next?
- Everyone is vaccinated sooner than we thought.
- Most viral diseases become curable with novel treatments.
- The mRNA technology—which uses our bodies to create specific proteins that can then be targeted to assist our immune system—is effectively expanded to the treatment of cancer.
- We take the lessons we have learned about hygiene and disease transmission, and apply them in a way that makes our lives, and the lives of those less fortunate, healthier.
- We newly appreciate our time with friends, our ability to go out to dinner, to travel and explore the world. And we celebrate these things in a way that makes the world a friendlier place.
- We all turn green: eliminating wasteful plastic, using less fossil fuel, and cleaning up our planet.
- We learn to eat well in ways that fuel our bodies, optimize our weight, and improve our all-around health.
- We restore our faith in government and its institutions by demanding honesty and leadership in our elected officials—and actually getting it.
- We celebrate health and fitness by becoming fitter, faster, and stronger than we have ever been.
- We play forever, dropping dead in full swing after the age of 100.
May 2021 be our best year ever!